General class officer duties include:
• Hold regular meetings with elected Class Officers.
• Keep the SGA President informed of class activities.
• Attend open SGA meetings (At least one officer must attend.)
• Plan and execute at least 2 large-scale fundraisers. (One each during sophomore and junior years.)
• Select a rep to attend scheduled meetings of the Presidents Council.
• Plan and execute Ring Dance to be held during junior year.
• Maintain respective class records, publication of minutes and meetings, and preparation of any necessary documents.
• Manage class budget and keep all relative records and accounts.
• Assume any additional responsibilities or projects assigned by the SGA President.
• Up hold the Student Government Association Constitution and By-Laws
Class of 2018
President: Thomas White
Vice President: VACANT
Treasurer: Truman Slocum
Class of 2019
President: Jack Weeks
Vice President: Julia Dillon
Treasurer: Sierra James
Class of 2020
President: Cory O’Connell
Vice President: Graham Williams
Treasurer: Michael Carnevale
Class of 2021
President: Elected in October 2017
Vice President: Elected in October 2017
Secretary: Elected in October 2017
Treasurer: Elected in October 2017
Running for a Vacant position:
Elections shall be held annually, or as needed and determined by the Student Government Association. All elections and dates must be and approved by the SGA and Class Advisors.
Fall 2017 Student Government Elections are coming up! Nominations are now open!
The Student Government Association is please to announce Fall 2017 SGA Elections. Over the next week students will be able to submit their nomination form for candidacy. Rules for running are fairly simple, just use the appropriate application below for the position you wish to run for. SGA also requires that you include a short bio about yourself, your goals, a photo, and your campaign flyer to help voters get to know you better when you submit a completed form. Don’t know how to make a quality flyer? No worries, feel free to take a look at the examples to get some ideas, kindly provided to you by our SGA President, Anastasia Wright.
Open positions are as follows:
Application sheets will also be available at the October 11th SGA Open Meeting which occurs at 4pm in the 1954 Lecture Hall, and in the SGA office following the meeting. We ask that everyone interested please attend the meeting. If you cannot make it please feel free to stop by the SGA Office (located in Alfond Center, behind the Waypoint) during one of our office hours. All applications will be due on October 17th to either the SGA Office or to the Curtis Hall Front Desk. Elections will be held on Tuesday, October 24th from 0900 to 1700 in the SGA office. Should you have any questions or concerns, please email: SGA@mma.edu