Health & Counseling Services
Student Health and Counseling Services enhance the educational process by:
- Modifying or removing health-related barriers to learning
- Promoting optimal wellness
- Enabling individuals to make informed decisions about health-related concerns
- Empowering students to be self-directed and well-informed consumers
Health & Counseling Services include:
- Acute care
- Women’s health clinic
- Preventive care
- Smoke & tobacco cessation
- Immunization clinics
- Personal counseling
- Drug testing
- Limited pharmacy
- USCG license physical exams
Due to current health and safety protocols, pre-scheduled appointments are required for all MMA students. We are offering remote counseling only at this time and walk-in appointments are not available.
Before your appointment, please complete these Required Medical Documents.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday | 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM
If you are seeking medical guidance and would like to make an appointment, please contact Tammy Tyler, RN, ASN, Director of Health Services, at (207) 326-2295.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday | 8 AM to 4 PM
Wednesday | 12 PM to 8 PM
We are offering remote counseling only at this time and walk-in appointments are not available.
If you have questions regarding MMA’s Counseling Services or would like to make an appointment, please contact Paul Ferreira, MSW, LCSW, Counselor and Prevention Education Coordinator, at (207) 326-2419. You may email firstname.lastname@example.org to request to meet with a female counselor.
- There is no fee for students visits to the Health or Counseling Center, whether in person or by remote appointment. There may be fees supplies and medications that are provided to the students; charges will be placed directly on the student’s billing account.
- Where possible, MMA will assist students with transportation for non-emergent medical care and medical appointments if they are unable to arrange transportation for themselves. There is a charge for this service and it will be placed directly on the student’s billing account. Transportation can be arranged with assistance from Health Services or Student Services, or by reaching out to Campus Safety after normal business hours and on weekends.
- Local ambulance service is available and healthcare providers are located in hospitals in Blue Hill (20 mi.), Ellsworth (30 mi.), and Bangor (40 mi.).
- The college counselor provides professional personal counseling for students and serves as the Substance Abuse Prevention Education Coordinator. These services are free.
- Tammy Tyler, RN, ASN, Director of Health Services, (207) 326-2295 or ext. 2295.
- Paul Ferreira, MSW, LCSW, Counselor and Prevention Education Coordinator, provides personal, crisis and substance abuse counseling and education. (207) 326-2419 or ext. 2419. Students who prefer to meet with a female counselor can email email@example.com, or the Dean of Students, firstname.lastname@example.org to make this request.
- Megann Holland, LCPC-C
- Andrea Tolbert, LCSW, MBA