Employment at MMA
Maine Maritime Academy (MMA) is a public college of engineering, management, science, and transportation, located in the quintessentially New England coastal village of Castine, Maine. The Academy is one of six state-supported maritime colleges in the United States, and is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). MMA has a community of approximately 950 students and 200 faculty and staff. Maine Maritime is a NCAA Division III institution that competes in the North Atlantic Conference, and is a member of the New England Football Conference.
Please use the links below to explore our current employment opportunities.
How to Apply
Interested individuals should submit the following documents using our Employee Document Upload Form:
- Cover Letter
- Completed MMA Application*
- Copies of applicable professional certifications and/or licenses
- Unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (faculty applicants only, unless otherwise specified)
- For all faculty appointments, official college transcripts must be received prior to a formal offer being made for employment.
- Contact information for at least three professional references
- Completed MMA Application Checklist
- MMA Self-Identification Form (attach as separate document)
Do Not Send Personally Identifiable Information (PII) by direct email.
*Pages 2 and 3 of the MMA Application must be signed and dated by hand or signed electronically using an electronic signature verification service. Electronic signatures, to include images of hand-written signature, will not be accepted unless so verified.
PLEASE NOTE THAT INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
All offers are made contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation. Individuals cruising onboard our ships are also required to undergo a pre-employment drug-screening.
For the health and wellbeing of our community, the Maine Maritime Academy campus and vessels (ashore and afloat) are smoke- and tobacco-free as of August 1, 2016.
- Smoke and Tobacco Free Campus Policy (effective 8/1/16)
Equal Employment Opportunities
Maine Maritime Academy is an equal opportunity employer. The Academy complies with federal and/or state law that prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, marital status, disability, age, genetic information or veteran status. The Academy provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals upon request. Women, minorities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
MMA is unable at this time to sponsor visas. We welcome foreign nationals with valid U.S. work authorization to apply.