Employment at MMA
Maine Maritime Academy (MMA) is a public, fully accredited college located in the quintessentially New England coastal village of Castine, Maine. The college is one of six state-supported maritime colleges in the United States. MMA is a college of engineering, management, science, and transportation with a community of approximately 950 students and 200 faculty and staff. Maine Maritime is a NCAA Division III institution that competes in the North Atlantic Conference, and is a New England Football Conference member.
MMA is a remarkable place to work and grow in a career, rich in opportunity, experiences and rewards. MMA offers a feeling of “family” that is unique. Our goal is to create and sustain a community where all are appreciated and respected for their individual and collective contributions. Our Human Resources department administers the employment process and welcomes your interest in a career with Maine Maritime. We are currently seeking to fill the following positions:
- Welcome Center Receptionist
- Regimental Programs Manager
- Administrative Assistant Health Services
- Campus Safety Officer
- Assistant Director of Admissions
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Engineering – Electrical Engineering
- Digital Communications Manager – writing sample required with application
- Library Assistant
- Yacht Donations Program Manager
- Second Assistant Engineer
- Company Officer
- Building and Grounds Maintenance Worker – Buildings (Custodial)
- Coordinator of Sailing Programs- Sailing Coach
- Annual Fund Manager
Applications received after the application deadline will be reviewed at the discretion of the search committee.
- Adjunct Engineering Instructors – Fall 2018
- Adjunct Instructor of Ocean Sciences – OC101 Laboratory Fall 2018
- Adjunct Instructor – Arts & Sciences – Fall 2018 (MD)
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Medical Person in Charge
- Part-Time Certified Athletic Trainer
- Chemistry Adjunct Faculty – Fall 2018
- Adjunct Instructors of MTO – Fall 2018
- Introduction to Nautical Science (Lecture & Lab)
- Terrestrial Navigation Lab
- Adjunct Instructor – Arts & Sciences – Fall 2018
- Structured Problem Solving with Computer
- Assistant Coaches
- Women’s Lacrosse
- Men’s Lacrosse
- Men’s Soccer
- Women’s Swimming
- Men’s Swimming
- Head Mens Golf Coach
- Adjunct Instructor – Strategic Marketing for Global Supply Chain Managers (BA647) – Fall 2018
SUMMER TRAINING CRUISE
Temporary positions needed for 70-day cruise May 6, 2018 – July 15, 2018. Option to work only Cruise A or Cruise B. Swap from Cruise A to Cruise B to occur in Lisbon, Portugal on or around June 11, 2018.
- Continuing Education Department Instructor (Pool)
- Administrative – Clerical Pool
- Polar Operations Instructor (pool)
- Lead Fire Fighting Instructor
- First Aid & CPR Instructor (pool)
- Pool – Fire Fighting Instructors
- Pool – Fire Fighting Safety Officers
- Pool – EMS Rehab Officers
- Temporary, Part-Time Maintenance Assistant – Deck (Ship)
- Temporary, Part-Time Maintenance Assistant – Engine (Ship)
- Per Diem – Utility Worker – Temp. Office Worker
- On-Call Nurse
- Math and Physics Tutors
How to Apply
Interested individuals should submit the following documents in a single email to HR@mma.edu (in the subject line of your email, please write your name and the position for which you are applying):
- Cover Letter
- Completed MMA Application*
- Copies of applicable professional certifications and/or licenses
- Unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (faculty applicants only, unless otherwise specified)
- For all faculty appointments, official college transcripts must be received prior to a formal offer being made for employment.
- Contact information for at least three professional references
- Completed MMA Application Checklist
- MMA Self-Identification Form (attach as separate document)
*Pages 2 and 3 of the MMA Application must be signed and dated by hand or signed electronically using an electronic signature verification service. Electronic signatures, to include images of hand-written signature, will not be accepted unless so verified.
PLEASE NOTE THAT INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. ALL REQUIRED MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN A SINGLE EMAIL.
All offers are made contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation. Individuals cruising onboard our ships are also required to undergo a pre-employment drug-screening.
For the health and wellbeing of our community, the Maine Maritime Academy campus and vessels (ashore and afloat) are smoke- and tobacco-free as of August 1, 2016.
- Smoke and Tobacco Free Campus Policy (effective 8/1/16)
Equal Employment Opportunities
The Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities. The Academy provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals upon request.
Women, minorities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
MMA is unable at this time to sponsor visas. We welcome foreign nationals with valid U.S. work authorization to apply.