You have been cordially invited to the GALAXSEA GALA! Come and celebrate the night and the beauty of the ocean! Be the first to see the premier of the short film GALAXSEA: a voyage into the bioluminescent night, which will be projected on the Bowdoin sails!*
This event will include:
- Live musical performances by the MMA Jazz Band and the Boston based indie band, Hush Club.
- Student photo contest submissions will be on display for voting.
- Light Hors d’oeuvres will be served and a cash bar for 21+ will be provided.
- MMA and Community tables including the Artic Schooner Bowdoin, International Dark Sky Association, Compass Rose Books, Castine Kayak, and Bagaduce Watershed will be on-site.
- Raffle to benefit the International Dark Sky Association and Surfrider Foundation, Maine Chapter.
- Silent Auction to raise proceeds for the film.
Join us where the sea meets the stars on the roof of Payson Hall at the MMA Waterfront on the evening of Fri., Sept. 23rd from 6-9pm**. This event is FREE and open to all MMA Students, Faculty/Staff, and the Castine Community. Dress for the event will be semi-formal (dress warm pending weather and no high heels please). Bring both your regular ID (for cash bar) and MMA ID when applicable.
For more information about the film visit: https://www.itzelgourmelon.com/bio-1
* In the event that wind conditions do not allow the sail to be raised, film will be projected on the wall of Payson at the Waterfront.
** Rain date set for Sat., Sept. 24th.
Questions about or requests for disability-related access to public events should be directed in advance of the event to MMA’s Accessibility Services at 207-326-2489 or to email@example.com.
Online registration has closed. There will be limited tickets available at the event.