Online and Hybrid Courses
We are pleased to now offer both online and hybrid courses to allow you to complete your required trainings at your own pace.
- Maritime Security Awareness
- Qualified Assessor
- Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties, VPDSD
Polar Code Operation courses begin with online coursework followed by an in-person assessment:
Hybrid courses begin with online coursework followed by an in-person assessment:
Unavailable during our scheduled times?
Maine Maritime Academy understands the demanding schedules of today’s mariner and works hard to support them every chance we get. Give us a call, depending on instructor availability and timing we can often support alternative dates.
STCW/ U.S. Coast Guard Approved Courses
- Advanced Fire Fighting Refresher (MEMACE-697)
- Advanced Fire Fighting Revalidation (MEMACE-777)
- Advanced Meteorology (MEMACE-0018)
- Advanced Polar Code Operations (MEMACE-941)
- Advanced Shiphandling (MEMACE-22)
- Advanced Watchkeeping (MEMACE-0027)
- Basic Polar Code Operations (MEMACE-847)
- Basic Training
- Basic Training Refresher (MEMACE – 68)
- Basic Training Revalidation (MEMACE-718)
- Crisis Management & Human Behavior (MEMACE-138)
- Crowd Management (MEMACE-142)
- Electronic Chart Display Information Systems, ECDIS (MEMACE-179)
- Engineroom Resource Management (MEMACE-828)
- Fast Rescue Boat (MEMACE-193)
- First Aid & CPR (MEMACE – 197)
- Inert Gas Systems / Crude Oil Washing
- Leadership & Managerial Skills (MEMACE-827)
- Management of Electrical & Electronic Control Equipment, MEECE (MEMACE-829)
- Maritime Security Awareness
- Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities, PSSR (MEMACE-359)
- Personal Survival Techniques, PST (MEMACE-363)
- Qualified Assessor, Online (MEMACE-787)
- Radar Observer Recertification (MEMACE-402)
- Tank Ship Dangerous Liquids (MEMACE-501)
- Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties, VPDSD, Online (MEMACE-780)
- Vessel Security Officer (MEMACE-573)
Non- STCW Courses
- Safety Management Systems Auditor (Maritime) Training Courses
- ISO 9000 & 9001 Quality Management Systems
- ISM, International Safety Management
- DPA, Designated Person Ashore
- Subchapter M Auditing
- Confined Space
- Diving First Aid for Professional Divers (DFA Pro)
- Environmental Regulations & Ethical Industrial Compliance, Online
- Fall Protection
- Fishing Vessel Drill Conductor
- Helicopter Underwater Egress Training
- Oil Tanker Cargo & Ballast Handling Simulators
- Section 608 Certification Exam
Thank you for choosing Maine Maritime Academy Center for Professional Mariner Development for your training!
Maine Maritime Academy’s Center for Professional Development (CPMD) works diligently to provide necessary maritime training for the mariner, when they need it. To do so, CPMD schedules instructors that travel to our Bucksport, Maine facility to support – often at great distance. To ensure our fee structure remains affordable, CPMD must insist that any cancellations occur in a timely manner.
In person classes are refundable prior to the start of class. CPMD’s online classes have all been developed by our instructor cadre and are proprietary. Online classes are refundable until the learning management system, Canvas, has been first accessed. Full payment for the course(s) must be made when the course is completed or six (6) months after registration, whichever comes first.
In accordance with the above, cancellations will be refunded in full, minus the 2.75% credit card processing fee. CPMD makes every effort to maintain course schedules as posted. If, however, Maine Maritime Academy must cancel a course, we will notify registrants as soon as possible and issue a full refund including the credit
All Rights Reserved © 2023 • Web issue?