11/9/20 | Update from Dr. Elizabeth True and Prof. Mark Coté
Dear MMA Community,
We were fortunate to receive swift test results of close contacts sooner than expected. Based on the test results and discussions with the Maine CDC, we will go back to conducting courses as usual tomorrow, Tuesday, November 10.
Please follow these guidelines going forward:
- Dining at MMA: Meals will continue to be provided on a take-out basis at least through Tuesday and we will update you tomorrow on the rest of the week. The Waypoint will be open as of tomorrow, Tuesday, November 10.
- For students living on campus: if you would like to exercise outside, please wear your mask at all times, limit your exercise partner to your roommate or another close contact, and stay separated by at least six feet at all times. For those in quarantine or isolation, your status remains unchanged.
- Academics: please direct questions regarding your coursework to your professors; email is the preferred method of communication.
- For Staff: please report to work as usual, either on campus or remotely, as of Tuesday, November 10.
- Athletics update: the fitness center will be closed for the remainder of the semester.
- Library update: Lauren Gargani will be sending a library status update to the community today.
Please use the contact information listed on the Fall 2020 website for questions.
We realize this change in status may be a challenge, but we are focused on your safety while completing our mission. The rapidly evolving situation on the campus is direct evidence that our status must change quickly if we determine that the virus is spreading in our community. This is serious! We currently have over 60 faculty and students in quarantine or isolation due to the recent positive cases on campus.
We are so close to successfully completing this semester on campus. We must ask you to double down on your efforts to protect yourself and your shipmates. Do not be complacent, follow our Honor Code, and live the 12 Ways to 12 Weeks pledge. Please remain vigilant: social distance, frequently wash your hands, wear masks, and stay local.
Please also be sure to stay informed by checking your email as we will continue to monitor this situation and provide updates as needed. Thank you for your flexibility and adaptability and for keeping yourselves and others safe.
VP of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs
Acting Provost and Academic Dean