Safety Observations and Near Miss Reporting
Maine Maritime Academy is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its students, employees and campus visitors. Community members are encouraged to report potential hazards, unsafe working conditions or other safety concerns. “It’s the way we do things around here!”
- Report Safety Concerns: Community members are encouraged to report any perceived safety concerns on campus using this form. Safety concerns may include:
- Health and Safety Risks– trip hazards
- Fire Safety Issues– electrical issues, tampering with safety equipment, blocked doorways
- Security– doors propped open, stranger danger
- Environmental Concerns– Air quality
- Near-Miss Reporting: An unplanned event that did not result in injury, illness, or damage– but had the potential to do so.
- Non-fault finding, fact finding.
- Goal: to make our campus safer for the entire community.
Incident Report Form
- Positive Safety Feedback
- Safety Concerns
- Safety Suggestions
- Near-Miss Reporting