Maine Maritime Academy
The mission of Maine Maritime Academy is to provide a quality education focused on marine and related programs. The curriculum will empower students to take on leadership roles, encourage rigorous self-discipline, promote curiosity, and provide graduates with the skills, ethics, and knowledge needed to succeed in the global economy.
The Loeb-Sullivan School is committed to specialized programs in global logistics and related fields. The school strives to develop leadership in our graduates by developing competence, instilling confidence and creating professionalism in core business areas, as well as promoting innovative thinking, social responsibility and hands-on experience.
MMA’s Institutional Objectives
Upon completion of a degree, students should, at the appropriate level:
- Demonstrate competency in written and spoken English.
- Apply the scientific method.
- Apply fundamental concepts in mathematics.
- Be technologically proficient.
- Develop a global perspective of the humanities and social sciences.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret information.
- Demonstrate competency in their major.
- Explore and experience career paths in their program of study.
- Demonstrate and inspire ethical behavior.
- Develop skills to motivate others to achieve a common goal.
- Recognize environmental consequences of individual and professional decisions.
Students attaining these objectives will have the fundamental skills to support continued curiosity and life-long learning.
Loeb-Sullivan School Objectives
All Loeb-Sullivan School degree recipients will:
- Demonstrate professionalism, competence, and confidence in core business-functional areas and related
- Effectively gather, analyze and communicate complex data and
- Develop professionalism, competence and confidence through in-depth knowledge of logistics concepts and
- Conduct themselves in a professional, socially responsible and ethical manner in life and diverse business
- Be able to critically evaluate the challenges of domestic and international business and logistics and apply hands-on solutions that contribute to the