As we finalize plans for the Fall 2020 semester, we know that this is not going to be a typical start to the year given the complexities with which we are faced because of COVID-19. However, we will be flexible, and we will adapt. We are in this together and our success depends upon all of us supporting one another and the institution as we adapt to changing circumstances.
We have been preparing since March to welcome students back to campus while also implementing all of the ways we can do that safely.
The foundation of our approach to this semester is the following: to maintain and sustain safety practices that protect the health of our community so that we can continue accomplishing MMA’s educational mission while we are also supporting a student experience that considers the whole person. In everything we do, we will be balancing three fundamental things: safety, MMA’s educational mission, and the student experience.
We will have additional news to share in the coming weeks, which we will send by email and via updates to this website, so check back here for more information. In the meantime, enjoy your summer and please stay safe!
Student Town Hall – August 4, 2020
MMA will be hosting a virtual “Town Hall” forum on Tuesday, August 4 at 7:00 p.m. for new and returning students and parents. Moderated by Dean Deidra Davis, the forum will include an introduction by President Brennan and updates from Vice President Elizabeth True; Director of Residence Life and Student Activities, Janice Folk; Commandant John Cashman; Registrar Amy Gutow; SGA President Roxie MacGregor; and Senior Stryker George Albert. Please send questions in advance to email@example.com or post them in the chat during the Zoom forum. We will send the Zoom link on Monday, August 3 via email.
Athletics Town Hall – August 6, 2020
The Athletics staff will be hosting a virtual “Town Hall” forum on Thursday, August 6 at 7:00 p.m. for new and returning athletes. The forum will focus on questions about the fall athletic season. Forum hosts will be Director of Athletics, Steve Peed; Associate Director of Athletics, Tricia Carver; and Head Athletic Trainer Jonathan Heeren. We will send the Zoom link on Monday, August 3 via email.
These groups are working on additional planning for the fall and will be providing more information in July and August as we prepare to return to campus.
- Academics Group #1 – Educational technology & pedagogy
- Academics Group #2- Codification for faculty, staff and students
- Academics Group #3- Resources for first year student success and all student success
- Academics Group #4 – Course delivery
- Mental Health, Accessibility Services and Tutoring
- Housing and Food Service
- Student Activities and Events
- Testing, Health Checks, Contact Tracing, Isolation/Quarantine Housing
- Regimental Program
- External Visitors to Campus
- Waterfront Facilities and Vessels
- Communication, Publicity, Signage
Questions / Answers
Please contact these offices for more information! Note that email is the preferred mode of communication at this time. Thank you!
- Academics: Cindra Leeman, firstname.lastname@example.org, 207-326-2485
- Admissions: email@example.com, 207-326-2207
- Alumni: Jeff Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org, 207-326-2337
- Athletics: Steve Peed, email@example.com, 207-326-2451
- Business Office (including refund questions): Alice Herrick, firstname.lastname@example.org, 207-326-2445
- Cadet Shipping: Deb Harman, email@example.com, 207-326-2650
- Co-ops/Field Experience: Chuck Easley, firstname.lastname@example.org, 207-326-2652
- Financial Aid: Kathy Heath, email@example.com, 207-326-2339
- Regimental Office/Regimental Preparatory Training (RPT): firstname.lastname@example.org, 207-326-2250
- Residence Life (including room selection for next year): Janice Folk, email@example.com, 207-326-2280
- Student concerns: Deidra Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org, 207-326-2138
- TSSOM Cruise – Regimental Office: email@example.com, 207-326-2250
- All other questions: Casey Littlefield, firstname.lastname@example.org, 207-326-2620