Richard A. Collins ’78
President | UnitedHealthcare Individual Health Insurance Line of Business
CEO | Golden Rule Insurance Company
CEO | American Medical Security Insurance Company
- B.S., Maine Maritime Academy, 1978 (D)
- Executive Development Program, John Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
- Merchant Marine, Licensed Officer sailing with MM& P as Third, Second, and Chief Officer for nine years.
- Phoenix Mutual Insurance Company & Physician’s Health Services, in various Underwriting and Pricing capacities.
- United Healthcare, rising from Pricing and Underwriting Director to President of the Individual Line of Business and CEO of Golden Rule Insurance Company and subsidiaries.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors, Council for Affordable Health Insurance, Washington, DC
- Member of the Board of Directors, Fairbanks Hospital, Indianapolis, IN
- Longtime Member, Nature Conservancy