Reserve A Study Space
Use of the Library facility will be by appointment only during the Fall semester. MMA students can click here to reserve a study space on the main level of the Library for between one and two hours.
In order to reserve a study space, students must agree to the policies listed below.
Library Study Space Use Policies:
- Several different types of study spaces are available, from single-seat desks to tables accommodating up to three people to sit at a six-foot distance. Please reserve only as much space as you need: if you intend to study alone, please reserve a single-seat space if possible, so that larger spaces are available to those who intend to study with others.
- While studying in the Library, students must wear a mask and remain at least six feet from Library staff and other patrons.
- In order to provide a quiet study space, we ask that noise be kept to a low, conversational level. To help facilitate this goal, we ask that students:
- use headphones while in the Library, and
- do not use the Library space to attend online classes or make phone or video calls.
- All furniture is spaced at a safe distance; for this reason, moving or rearranging seats is not permitted.
- Students must disinfect the study area they have used before leaving the Library; multiple cleaning stations are available on the main level.
- No eating or drinking is permitted in the Library.
- Students may reserve study time in one- or two-hour blocks, with a maximum of two hours per day and a maximum of ten total reservations per week.
- Students who are in quarantine (yellow wristband) are not permitted to use the Library space.
- Study spaces can be reserved one week in advance.
The Library’s 24-hour study lounge will be made available exclusively to commuter students during the Fall semester. This space is not reservable. ID card access to the Lounge is restricted to students who do not have on-campus residence. (Please contact Campus Safety if your ID card is not allowing access to the space.) The lounge is available from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Please be sure to observe the posted signs describing cleaning procedures and use the provided cleaning supplies to sanitize any area(s) you have used prior to leaving the lounge.
The computer lab located on the lower level of Platz Hall (B-100) is available from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. All students should be able to access the lab with their Academy ID card. (Please contact Campus Safety if your ID card is not allowing access to the space.) This space is not reservable. Please be sure to observe the posted signs describing cleaning procedures and use the provided cleaning supplies to sanitize any area(s) you have used before leaving the lab.