Study at the Library
The main and upper levels of the MMA Library are available for studying without an appointment during the Fall 2021 semester. Students are required to sign in and agree to the study policies below each time they visit the Library.
Library Study Policies
- While studying in the Library, students must wear a mask at all times and remain at least six feet from Library staff and other patrons.
- The upper level is a silent/solo study area. Please do not hold any conversations on this floor. (Conversation and group work are encouraged on our main level!)
- You may not use the Library space to attend online classes, make phone or video calls, etc.
- All furniture is spaced at a safe distance; moving or rearranging seats is not permitted.
- Study capacity limited to the seats available. (If all seats are occupied, please come back later.)
- If you are studying alone, please select a single-seat study space if possible, so that larger spaces are available to those who intend to study with others.
- Disinfect your study area before leaving the Library; multiple cleaning stations are available.
- No eating or drinking is permitted.
- Students may study in the Library for a total of two hours per day.
- Students in quarantine (yellow wristband) are not permitted to use the Library space.
The Library’s 24-hour study lounge is available exclusively to commuter students during the Fall 2021 semester. This space is not reservable. ID card access to the Lounge is restricted to students who do not have on-campus residence. (Please contact Campus Safety if your ID card is not allowing access to the space.) The lounge is available from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Please be sure to observe the posted signs describing cleaning procedures and use the provided cleaning supplies to sanitize any area(s) you have used prior to leaving the lounge.
The computer lab located on the lower level of Platz Hall (B-100) is available from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. unless reserved by a class via the Registrar’s office. All students should be able to access the lab with their Academy ID card. (Please contact Campus Safety if your ID card is not allowing access to the space.) Please be sure to observe the posted signs describing cleaning procedures and use the provided cleaning supplies to sanitize any area(s) you have used before leaving the lab.