We’re here to help you!
Are you trying to find information for a research project? Are you not sure how to narrow your topic? Are you having trouble finding or using the information you need? Talk to your reference librarian! We’re here to help you throughout your research process, from selecting your topic to finding and using the information, and finally helping you accurately and ethically cite the information you use.
The reference librarian is available between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, so please either stop by the library or make an appointment for a time that works for you either by calling 326-2264 or sending an email. Feel free to email or call for assistance if your schedule doesn’t permit you to visit in person.
Our primary job is to help you be successful as you study, learn, and pursue a degree at the academy. Some of the ways we do this are to:
- teach search strategies that help you more effectively access information
- provide suggestions/advice to refine the scope of your research
- assist you in locating resources in and outside of the library
- teach how to evaluate the information you find, and determine whether it is appropriate and relevant for your research
- assist you in citing your sources accurately and ethically