Employment at MMA
Maine Maritime Academy (MMA) is a public, fully accredited college located in the quintessentially New England coastal village of Castine, Maine. The college is one of six state-supported maritime colleges in the United States. MMA is a college of engineering, management, science, and transportation with a community of approximately 950 students and 200 faculty and staff. Maine Maritime is a NCAA Division III institution that competes in the North Atlantic Conference, and is a New England Football Conference member.
MMA is a remarkable place to work and grow in a career, rich in opportunity, experiences and rewards. MMA offers a feeling of “family” that is unique. Our goal is to create and sustain a community where all are appreciated and respected for their individual and collective contributions. Our Human Resources department administers the employment process and welcomes your interest in a career with Maine Maritime. We are currently seeking to fill the following positions:
- SOSI Project Manager
- Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach and Admissions Counselor
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Oceanography (2018-2019 Academic Year)
- Admissions Counselor
- Temp Admissions Counselor
- Assistant Professor of Engineering – Electrical Power, Automation and Controls, and Power Control Electronics
- Deputy Commandant
- Administrative Assistant – Data Specialist
- Director of Career Services and Cooperative Education
- CED Ocean Survival Instructor
- Annual Fund Manager
- Assistant Professor of Engineering (Machine Shop)
- Ship’s Electrician
- First Aid CPR Instructors Fall 2017
- Campus Safety Officer
- Adjunct Instructor BA651 -Port & Transport Terminal Operations – Spring 2018
- Adjunct Instructor BA648 – Integrated International Logistics – Spring 2018
- OS Lab Instructors (2017-2018) – Spring 2018
- Assistant Coaches for 2017-2018 Academic Year
- Women’s Lacrosse
TEMPORARY SHIP POSITIONS – 9-day positions needed for ship move from the GMD Shipyard in Brooklyn, NY to Maine Maritime Academy in Castine, ME, beginning on or about October 21, 2017 and ending on or about October 30, 2017.
- First Aid & CPR Instructor (pool)
- Fast Boat Rescue Instructor (pool)
- Crowd and Crisis Instructor (pool)
- Helmsman Instructor (pool)
- VSO Instructor (pool)
- ISO ISM Instructor (pool)
- ECDIS Instructor (pool)
- IGS COW Instructor (pool)
- Radar Instructor (pool)
- Lead Fire Fighting Instructor
- Pool – Fire Fighting Instructors
- Pool – Fire Fighting Safety Officers
- Pool – EMS Rehab Officers
- Temporary, Part-Time Maintenance Assistant – Deck (Ship)
- Temporary, Part-Time Maintenance Assistant – Engine (Ship)
- Office/Clerical Pool – Temporary
- Per Diem – Utility Worker – Temp. Office Worker
- On-Call Nurse
- Math and Physics Tutors
- Deck Cadet Shipping Coordinator 2018
- Engine Cadet Shipping Coordinator 2018
- IBL Co-op Educational Experience Coordinator 2018
- MSE Field Experience I & II Coordinator 2018
- PEO Field Experience I & II Coordinator 2018
- PET Field Experience I Coordinator (CO 200) 2018
- PET Field Experience II Coordinator (CO 300) 2018
- SVO_VOT Coop Work Experience I Coordinator (CO 223) 2018
- VOT Coop Work Experience II Coordinator (CO 323) 2018
- VOT Coop Work Experience III Coordinator (CO 423) 2018
How to Apply
Interested individuals should send a cover letter, résumé, completed MMA Application*, MMA Self-Identification Form**, copies of applicable professional certifications, transcripts and/or licenses, contact information for at least three professional references, and a completed MMA Application Checklist to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to 207-326-2134.
PLEASE NOTE THAT INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
In the subject line of your email, please write the full title of the position you are applying for and your name. For all faculty appointments, official college transcripts must be received prior to a formal offer being made for employment. All offers are made contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation. Individuals cruising onboard our ships are also required to undergo a pre-employment drug-screening.
*Pages 2 and 3 of the MMA Application must be signed and dated by hand or signed electronically using an electronic signature verification service. Electronic signatures, to include images of hand-written signature, will not be accepted unless so verified.
**Please do not include the MMA Self-Identification form in the same document as your application materials. You may attach it to the same email as a separate document.
For the health and wellbeing of our community, the Maine Maritime Academy campus and vessels (ashore and afloat) are smoke- and tobacco-free as of August 1, 2016.
- Smoke and Tobacco Free Campus Policy (effective 8/1/16)
Equal Employment Opportunities
The Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities. The Academy provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals upon request.
Women, minorities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
MMA is unable at this time to sponsor visas. We welcome foreign nationals with valid U.S. work authorization to apply.