Employment at MMA
Maine Maritime Academy (MMA) is a public, fully accredited college located in the quintessentially New England coastal village of Castine, Maine. The college is one of six state-supported maritime colleges in the United States. MMA is a college of engineering, management, science, and transportation with a community of approximately 950 students and 200 faculty and staff. Maine Maritime is a NCAA Division III institution that competes in the North Atlantic Conference, and is a New England Football Conference member.
MMA is a remarkable place to work and grow in a career, rich in opportunity, experiences and rewards. MMA offers a feeling of “family” that is unique. Our goal is to create and sustain a community where all are appreciated and respected for their individual and collective contributions. Our Human Resources department administers the employment process and welcomes your interest in a career with Maine Maritime. We are currently seeking to fill the following positions:
- Campus Safety Officer
- Building and Grounds Maintenance Worker
- Director of Career Services
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Engineering – Electrical Power, Automation and Controls, and Power Control Electronics
- Database – Administrative Assistant
- CED Ocean Survival Instructor
- Annual Fund Manager
- Assistant Professor of Engineering (Machine Shop)
- Ship’s Electrician
- Assistant Professor of Engineering – Electrical Power, Automation and Controls, and Power Control Electronics
- Campus Safety Officer
- Adjunct Instructor BA651 -Port & Transport Terminal Operations – Spring 2018
- Adjunct Instructor BA648 – Integrated International Logistics – Spring 2018
- OS Lab Instructors (2017-2018) – Fall 2017 & Spring 2017
- Adjunct Instructors of Marine Transportation Operations – Fall 2017
- Intro to Nautical Science (Lecture & Lab)
- Marine Systems Lab
- Terrestrial Navigation Lab
- Limited Tonnage Watchkeeping Lab
- Adjunct Instructor – Basic Swim
- Adjunct Instructor – Massage
- Adjunct Instructor – General Physical Education
- Assistant Coaches for 2017-2018 Academic Year
- Women’s Basketball
- Women’s Lacrosse
- Men’s and Women’s Cross Country
- Arts & Sciences Adjunct Positions – Fall 2017
- Basic Drawing
- Honors Seminar
- Pre-Calculus Mathematics
- Pre-Calculus, Part I
- Finite Math
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Structured Problem Solving with Computer
- Adjunct Instructors – Engineering, Fall 2017
- Electrical Power II
- Electrical Power II Lab
- Power Equipment Lab
- Fluid Power Lab
- Marine Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Lab
- Fundamentals of Engineering Operations
- Diesel Power III
- Intro to Environmental Regulations & Ethical Industrial Compliance
- Steam Turbines
- Marine Engineering Technology Capstone I
- Adjunct Instructor of Fundamentals of Logistics – Fall 2017
- ISO ISM Instructor (pool)
- ECDIS Instructor (pool)
- IGS COW Instructor (pool)
- Radar Instructor (pool)
- Lead Fire Fighting Instructor
- Pool – Fire Fighting Instructors
- Pool – Fire Fighting Safety Officers
- Pool – EMS Rehab Officers
- Temporary, Part-Time Maintenance Assistant – Deck (Ship)
- Temporary, Part-Time Maintenance Assistant – Engine (Ship)
- Office/Clerical Pool – Temporary
- Per Diem – Utility Worker – Temp. Office Worker
- On-Call Nurse
- Math and Physics Tutors
How to Apply
Interested individuals should send a cover letter, résumé, completed MMA Application*, MMA Self-Identification Form**, copies of applicable professional certifications, transcripts and/or licenses, contact information for at least three professional references, and a completed MMA Application Checklist to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to 207-326-2134.
PLEASE NOTE THAT INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
In the subject line of your email, please write the full title of the position you are applying for and your name. For all faculty appointments, official college transcripts must be received prior to a formal offer being made for employment. All offers are made contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation. Individuals cruising onboard our ships are also required to undergo a pre-employment drug-screening.
*Pages 2 and 3 of the MMA Application must be signed and dated by hand or signed electronically using an electronic signature verification service. Electronic signatures, to include images of hand-written signature, will not be accepted unless so verified.
**Please do not include the MMA Self-Identification form in the same document as your application materials. You may attach it to the same email as a separate document.
For the health and wellbeing of our community, the Maine Maritime Academy campus and vessels (ashore and afloat) are smoke- and tobacco-free as of August 1, 2016.
- Smoke and Tobacco Free Campus Policy (effective 8/1/16)
Equal Employment Opportunities
The Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities. The Academy provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals upon request.
Women, minorities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
MMA is unable at this time to sponsor visas. We welcome foreign nationals with valid U.S. work authorization to apply.