Yacht Donation Program
Maine Maritime Academy’s Yacht Donation and Sales Program accepts donations of boats which are either put to immediate use on the Academy’s active waterfront, or are chartered or sold to raise funds to enhance the Academy’s waterfront training and sailing programs and other waterfront activities.
Donating your boat to Maine Maritime Academy could have a favorable impact on your year-end tax return, since your gift is tax-deductible to the extent allowable under the law. As a boat owner, you are faced with the option of selling or donating your boat and you should work with your tax advisor to determine which course is the best for you.
To Donate a Boat:
- Contact Joseph Lobley, Yacht Donation Manager at 207-557-5300 or email@example.com
- Complete a Yacht Gift Data Form. Save and Email or print and mail to the address below.
- Send a photo(s) of your boat along with the Yacht Donation Approval Form.
- Complete the Deed of Gift. Print, sign, notarize and mail the original to the address below.
- For a tax advantage, if your boat is valued at $5,000 or more, send or email a copy of an APPRAISAL to the address listed below.
- Complete the IRS Form 8283. For donations over $5,000, complete Section B. Print and sign Part II and have your appraiser sign Part III. Mail the form to MMA at the address below.
- Once your donation is complete you will receive a copy of the Deed of Gift, the original Form 8283 with MMA signature, and an IRS Form 1098-C with MMA signature.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maine Maritime Academy
Castine, ME 04420
If you are interested in purchasing or chartering a boat from Maine Maritime Academy, you may benefit by purchasing a vessel at a very competitive price.