Get involved, join the conversation and keep in touch with us.
Attend an Event – Ship receptions, Homecoming, class reunions, the International WorkBoat Show, the Senior Banquet–these are just a few of the annual events that are organized by the Alumni Relations Office, with the help of alumni. Also:
- There are 18 regional alumni chapters that are a) dedicated to planning events that promote alumni interaction, or b) very interested in re-energizing chapter activities. Contact the chapter representative and see how you can assist.
- Mariner athletic teams play throughout New England with occasional games outside the Northeast. Come watch them compete or view them on the internet and invite area alumni to join you. Marinersports.org
Volunteer – Strong contacts, reunions and regional events cannot happen without enthusiastic and committed volunteers who assist the Office of Alumni Relations.
- Class Agent – serves as a liaison to maintain a peer-to-peer relationship within their class and increase contact between classmates, MMA and other alumni. From the Mariner magazine, to Facebook, to the alumni eNewsletter, to periodic email blasts, alumni receive a lot of information from MMA. However, as good as this communication may be, it can’t replace the personal relationship of a fellow class member when building interest in MMA affairs, encouraging classmates to attend a function, or asking to submit a personal update for a Class Note. Contact your Class Agent. More than one agent per class is welcomed!
- Reunion Planning – Many people can help to plan class reunions by bringing a range of ideas and skills to the committee. Make your reunion your own! And, if you have questions, the Office of Alumni Relations can provide assistance and planning resources.
- Local Chapter Involvement – Whether you’re ready to be a mover and a shaker or just wish to see old friends, your participation is key. No chapter in your area? Contact the Office of Alumni Relations to learn more about your alumni neighbors. We can assist in planning an Alumni Group gathering.
- Alumni Board Participation – As you consider accepting the nomination as an Alumni Board member, it is important that you understand the obligation of a Director. We anticipate that over the course of a calendar year you will spend approximately 40 hours of volunteer time, not including attending social functions or travel. Click here to learn more about Board Member expectations.
- Alumni Committee Work – It is the Alumni Association’s goal to engage as many alumni as possible in the spirit of MMA and serve our alumni around the world. There are a number of special and ad hoc committees (ex., Communication, Alumni Involvement, Financial Support, Investment, Work with Other Entities, ) and welcome participation regardless of board member status or affiliation. Contact Alumni Relations for more information.
- Dining In – Hosted by the MMA President and Commandant of Midshipmen, this etiquette training program exposes sophomores to the courtesies of a formal dinner setting. A receiving line, utensil use, table manners, and conversations prepare students for a business dining experience. We invite alumni to join us with your significant other as host/hostess and we are happy to accommodate singles as well. If you are interested in participating or have questions, contact Anne Kowalski in the Regimental Office at 207/326-2250 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student Recruitment – The MMA Office of Admissions and the Office of Alumni Relations are developing a new program to identify and attract the best undergraduate students to our campus. We are creating a training guide to support the admissions efforts in such areas as recommending qualified prospects, conducting area interviews, participating in recruiting events, and hosting area receptions. In the meantime, invite all prospects to visit the MMA website!
Join the Conversation
- MMA Alumni Association Facebook Page – This is the official Facebook page for alumni and current students to connect, share, discover, and communicate with one another.
- LinkedIn – The official LinkedIn group for alumni and current students, connects over 7,000 Mariners to create business networks, find potential clients and scan the group’s Discussions, Members and Jobs posts.
- Submit Personal / Class Notes – Submit Alumni News to us–we want to know what’s happening with you and your classmates. Did you get a promotion? Get married? Graduate (again)? Have an event? Meet up with fellow alumni? Share your updates and pictures. Your news may appear in the e-Newsletters and Class Notes section of the Mariner.
- Update Contact Information – Help keep our records up-to-date so that you don’t miss correspondence (Note: your information is strictly for MMA use and is not shared with other parties.)