TANK SHIP DANGEROUS LIQUIDS (MEMACE-501) | $1,100.00
August 8-12 | Register Now
Participants: Maximum 8
This five (5) day Tank Ship Dangerous Liquids course is designed to satisfy the minimum standards of competence required for Tankships Person in Charge (DL) and Advanced Oil & Chemical Tanker Operations. It is a comprehensive course providing training for Masters, Chief Engineers, Chief Mates, and other officers and/or seafarers with immediate responsibilities for loading, unloading, care in transit, handling of cargo, tank cleaning or other cargo related operations on oil tankers or tank-barges. It comprises an advanced training program appropriate to these duties on oil tankers, including developing and maintaining an adequate safety culture, understanding the properties of oil cargoes, taking precautions to prevent hazards and risks, responding to emergencies & fire safety measures, taking precautions to prevent pollution of the environment, and compliance with all applicable Flag State, Port State, and IMO legislative requirements.
Applicants who successfully complete our Tank Ship Dangerous Liquids Course and applies for endorsement within five years of completion will satisfy:
The course requirements of 46 CFR 13.201(c)(4) for original issuance OR 13.120(a)(2) for renewal of Tankerman PIC (DL); AND
- 46 CFR 13.301(c)(4) for original issuance OR 13.120(c)(2) for renewal of Tankerman PIC (Barge)(DL); AND
- 46 CFR 13.401(e)(1) for original issuance OR 13.120(b)(2) for renewal of Tankerman-Assistant (DL); AND
- 46 CFR 13.501 (c)(4) for original issuance OR 13.120(d)(2) for renewal of Tankerman-Engineer (DL); AND
- Meets the standards of competence, required by 46 CFR 13.609(a)(2), of Section A-V/1, Table A-V/1-1-1 of the STCW Code for Basic Oil AND Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations, AND
Provided the applicant also supplies a statement signed by the Master, Chief Engineer, or Chief Mate of an Oil AND/OR Chemical Tanker, appropriate to the endorsement sought, that the mariner has demonstrated to the satisfaction of the signer that he or she is fully capable of supervising transfers of dangerous liquid cargo in accordance with the guidance found in the Navigation Vessel Inspection Circular 22-14:
- Meets the Standards of competence, required by 46 CFR 13.603(a)(2), (b)(2) or (c)(2) AND/OR 13.605(a)(2), (b)(2) or (c)(2), of Section A-V/1, table A-V/1-1-2 AND/OR A-V/1-1-3 of the STCW Code for Advanced Oil AND/OR Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations.
*Merchant Mariner license holders must contact the US Coast Guard directly for particulars concerning their licenses upgrade or re-certification questions: Call the National Maritime Center at 1-888-427-5662 or visit online at Merchant Mariner Licensing and Documentation.