STCW / Coast Guard Approved Courses
We offer mariner licensing and regulatory standards courses year-round at Maine Maritime Academy.
- Advanced Fire Fighting Refresher (MEMACE-697)
- Advanced Fire Fighting Revalidation (MEMACE-777)
- Advanced Meteorology (MEMACE-0018)
- Advanced Polar Code Operations (MEMACE-941)
- Basic Training
- Basic Polar Code Operations (MEMACE-847)
- Basic Training Refresher (MEMACE – 68)
- Basic Training Revalidation (MEMACE-718)
- Crisis Management & Human Behavior (MEMACE-138)
- Crowd Control & Passenger Safety (MEMACE-142)
- Electronic Chart Display Information Systems, ECDIS (MEMACE-179)
- Engine Room Resource Management (MEMACE-828)
- Fast Rescue Boat (MEMACE-193)
- First Aid & CPR (MEMACE – 197)
- Inert Gas Systems Crude Oil Washing
- Leadership & Managerial Skills (MEMACE-827)
- Management of Electrical and Electronic Control Equipment (MEMACE-829)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities, PSSR (MEMACE-359)
- Personal Survival Techniques, Ocean Survival (MEMACE-363)
- Qualified Assessor, Online (MEMACE-787)
- Radar Observer Recertification (MEMACE-402)
- Tank Ships Dangerous Liquids (MEMACE-501)
- Vessel Security Officer (MEMACE-573)
- Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties (MEMACE-747)
- Safety Management Systems Auditor (Maritime) Training Courses
– ISO 9000 & 9001 Quality Management Systems
– ISM, International Safety Management
– DPA, Designated Person Ashore
– Subchapter M Auditing
- Diving First Aid for Professional Divers (DFA Pro)
- Environmental Regulations & Ethical Industrial Compliance, Online
- Helicopter Underwater Egress Training
- Section 608 Certification Exam
Company Contract Courses
We offer services to companies and other entities who want to have groups trained and certified in the following courses. We can also offer contract arrangements for any of the classes above that we offer.
- DHS/FEMA Maritime First Responder Course Series
- DHS/FEMA Maine Maritime/Maine Emergency Management Agency sponsored courses are listed here (by category and state)
- Fishing Vessel Drill Conductor
- Inert Gas Systems Crude Oil Washing (5 DAYS)
The following courses will be offered in the future. Please continue to check back for the latest updates.
- Chief Mate to Master Series
- Advanced Shiphandling
- Advanced Stability
- Advanced Navigation
- Advanced Cargo
- Advanced Watchkeeping
- Medical Person in Charge – Management of Medical Care
Thank you for choosing Maine Maritime Academy Continuing Education for your training.
Full payment is required at the time of course registration. Payments can be made by check, debit card or credit card.
- Please make checks payable to Maine Maritime Academy. Our mailing address is Maine Maritime Academy, Attn: Cashier’s Office, 1 Pleasant Street, Castine, ME 04420.
- To make a payment by debit or credit card, please contact Monica Soper in our finance department at 207-326-2643.
If a student must withdraw from a course, the course cost will be refunded. We make every effort to maintain course schedules as posted. If, however, Maine Maritime Academy must cancel a course, we will notify registrants as soon as possible and issue a full refund.