Maine Maritime Academy’s Qualified Assessor course is 100% online.
All assessments must be signed by a qualified assessor approved by the Coast Guard in accordance with 46 CFR 10.405.
This course provides the already qualified seafarer instruction and training in assessment techniques of competency, as well as appropriate guidance in assessment methods and practices. Each participant successfully completing this course will be able to:
- Apply the international and national requirements concerning the training and assessment of officers and ratings on merchant vessels/platforms.
- Determine and verify effective assessment procedures and methods.
- Organize and administer, i.e. conduct, assessments to those requiring such.
This USCG approved course meets the training requirements of 46 CFR 10.405(a)(1) and 46 CFR 10.405(d) as well as STCW Code Section A-I/6 paragraphs 3 and 6. This course meets the requirements of the Qualified Assessor fundamentals as outlined as a requirement in USCG NVIC 19-14.
This course meets mandatory training requirements for Crowd Management and Passenger Safety for mariners with applicable duties aboard RO-RO Passenger and other passenger vessels. Individuals will learn about lifesaving tools, control plans, mustering techniques, and how to assist passengers to muster stations.
- Regulations V/2 paragraphs 4-7
- Regulation V/3 paragraphs 4-6 as specified in the STCW 95’ Code Sections A-V/2 and A-V/3 Volume 46 CFR Subpart J 15.1101-15.1105 (STCW Certification)
- CFR 46; Ch. 1 Subpart 171.01-171.105 (Passenger Vessels)
This course meets the mandatory STCW requirements for Crisis Management and Human Behavior training for mariners with applicable duties aboard Ro-Ro Passenger ships and on other passenger vessels.
The course is for individuals to learn to assist passengers in emergency situations, control passenger responses, and the tools for effective communication.
- Regulations V/2 paragraphs 7-8, & Regulation V/3 paragraphs 4-5
- Volume 46 CFR Subpart J 15.1101-15.1105 (STCW Certification)
- CFR 46; Ch.1, Subpart 171.01-171.105 (Passenger Vessels)