NOTICE | COVID-19 Coronavirus Campus Events Update
All on-campus MMA events have been postponed at this time. We are transitioning to virtual events when possible. Please see individual event listings for details.
Radar Recertification is for all deck license holders who are completing their 5-year license renewal. Homework packets with radar plotting sheets will be mailed to you prior to the class. Class takes place with the use of the E-Nav Lab simulators.
Regularly scheduled instruction, is usually on the 3rd Saturday of each month. One on one private instruction or alternate dates available by advance appointment for $375.00 per student.
Applicants who successfully complete our Radar Observer Recertification course will satisfy the training requirements of 46 CFR 11.480(f) for maintaining the validity of an endorsement for Radar Observer.
- This class is for any applicant with 1 year of sea time within the past 5 years.
- Day 1 of course is held at Maine Maritime Academy. Day 2 is completed at the fire department followed by the fire training field in Ellsworth, Maine.
This course does not satisfy the requirements for the Basic Training Revalidation components – please see the Basic Training Revalidationcourse, offered separately, if needed.
Course will satisfy the advanced fire-fighting revalidation requirements of 46 CFR 11.201(h) (l) and 11.303(d); and Table A-VI/3 of the STCW Code, as amended 2010 provided he or she has been previously certified per Section A-VI/3 of the STCW Code, as amended 2010.
The course covers all the competencies of Ocean Survival and Basic Fire Fighting. This training is open for seafarers who:
- Have been previously certified in Basic Training
- Capable of meeting the physical and professional eligibility requirements for STCW certification
- Have at least entry-level mariner documents from USCG or a foreign flag state whose mariner credentialing organization will accept USCG documents, and have one year of sea time in the last five years and need to renew their endorsement for Basic Training.
This course does not satisfy the requirements for the Advanced Fire Fighting Revalidation components.
Applicants who successfully complete this course will satisfy the continuing competency requirements for Personal Survival Techniques and Basic Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting in STCW section A-VI/1, 46 CFR 11.302(d) (1) and (2) and 46 CFR 12.602 (d)