The vision of Maine Maritime Academy is to provide the best marine and related education of any small college.
The mission of Maine Maritime Academy is to provide a quality education focused on marine and related programs. The curriculum will empower students to take on leadership roles, encourage rigorous self-discipline, promote curiosity, and provide graduates with the skills, ethics, and knowledge needed to succeed in the global economy.
Upon completion of a degree, students should, at the appropriate level:
- Demonstrate competency in written and spoken English.
- Apply the scientific method.
- Apply fundamental concepts in mathematics.
- Be technologically proficient.
- Develop a global perspective of the humanities and social sciences.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret information.
- Demonstrate competency in their major.
- Explore and experience career paths in their program of study.
- Demonstrate and inspire ethical behavior.
- Develop skills to motivate others to achieve a common goal.
- Recognize environmental consequences of individual and professional decisions.
Students attaining these objectives will have the fundamental skills to support continued curiosity and life-long learning.