Chapter gatherings, golf outings, ski dates, lobster bakes – whatever the occasion, stay in touch by attending Alumni events. For all of our planned events, check out the Upcoming Event Calendar.
Interested in planning an event? These are some of the events we run on a regular basis or can help you to plan, should you be interested. Call the Alumni Affairs Office for help with events information or event planning.
- Summer Reunions – Summer Reunions are a time to return, reflect, reminisce and revel with classmates and fellow alumni and learn what’s new and happening on campus. Reunion volunteers create class-specific outreach and program plans in addition to the traditional activities planned by the Office of Alumni Relations, such as presentations, a barbeque, boat and facilities tours, and a lobster feed. Join us to create a memorable reunion that will strengthen ties to your classmates, other alumni, and Maine Maritime Academy.
- Mini Musters or Gatherings – Connect with other alumni through mini musters, or gatherings, by class, major, athletic team, club organization, or other affiliation. These can take many forms: a gathering at a restaurant, a day at one’s home or camp, or a weekend event. Identify a volunteer or two from the group and contact the Office of Alumni Relations. We will publish a Save the Date announcement, assist in mailings for your event, and post notices on Upcoming Events, Facebook and in the bi-monthly e-newsletter. Click here for Event Planning Tips. (link coming soon)
- Homecoming – There’s never been a better time to come back to campus! It doesn’t matter how far you’ve traveled since graduation, MMA will always welcome you home.
- Homecoming Weekend 2017, September 15 – 17, 2017.
- Honor Classes for 2017 are: 1947, 1952, 1957, 1962, 1967, 1972, 1977, 1982, 1987, 1992, 1997, 2002, 2007, 2012. Special Honor Class gathering area, “Alumni Alley”, reserved on Pleasant Street for football game viewing and conversation.
- Homecoming 2017 Schedule of Events
- Online Registration for 2017
- For future planning, Homecoming 2018 is September 28 – 30, 2018. Honor Classes are 1953, 1958, 1968, 1973, 1978, 1983, 1988, 1993, 1998, 2003, 2008, and 2013
- Home Football Tailgating – Show your school spirit and cheer on the Mariners at every home football game in Castine.
- Host a Simulcast Party – MMA streams nearly every home athletic event on the Internet. To view, go to Mariner Sports, click the respective sport, click Schedule, and click Video. Most games are not accompanied by play-by-play. To learn the requirements for using Stretch Internet, click on the HELP button to the right of this page. Then call your fellow alumni and friends!
If you are interested in helping to plan a class or group event, please contact Jeff Wright, Director of Alumni Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.