QUALIFIED ASSESSOR Online (MEMACE-787)
This course is intended to provide the “already qualified” seafarer instruction and training in assessment techniques of competency, as well as appropriate guidance in assessment methods and practices. As stated, the person(s) enrolling in this course will already possess an appropriate level of knowledge, understanding and proficiency (KUP) of the competence he/she will be assessing of others. Each participant successfully completing this course will be able to:
- Apply the international and national requirements concerning the training and assessment of officers and ratings on merchant vessels/platforms.
- Determine and verify effective assessment procedures and methods.
- Organize and administer, i.e. conduct, assessments to those requiring such.
Maine Maritime Academy’s Qualified Assessor course is 100% online. Once you have registered for the course you will receive activation instructions to begin. If you have previously completed any online learning classes at MMA, you will log back in with your existing username and password and see the new class on your dashboard. Please allow 24-72 hours for the enrollment and activation process to be complete.
- This course meets the training requirements of 46 CFR 10.405(a)(1) and 46 CFR 10.405(d) as well as STCW Code Section A-I/6 paragraphs 3 and 6. All assessments must be signed by a qualified assessor approved by the Coast Guard in accordance with 46 CFR 10.405.
- This Maine Maritime Academy Continuing Education “Qualified On-Board Assessor” On-line, e-Learning course meets the requirements of The Qualified Assessor fundamentals as outlined as a requirement in USCG NVIC 19-14.
*Merchant Mariner license holders must contact the US Coast Guard directly for particulars concerning their licenses upgrade or re-certification questions: Call the National Maritime Center at 1-888-427-5662 or visit online at Merchant Mariner Licensing and Documentation.