Online and Hybrid Courses
Polar Code Operation courses begin with online coursework followed by an in-person assessment:
GAP courses begin with online coursework followed by an in-person assessment:
- Engineroom Resource Management
- Leadership & Managerial Skills
- Management of Electrical & Electronic Control Equipment, MEECE
Important Update | July 1, 2020
The Center for Professional Mariner Development is pleased to announce the opening of all on-campus courses.
The State of Maine will allow adults who obtain a negative COVID-19 test 72 hours prior to arrival in Maine to skip the current 14-day quarantine. Residents of Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey are exempt from testing and 14-day quarantine requirements when visiting Maine.
CPMD will continue to follow all existing safety and COVID-19 prevention guidelines. When you are indoors and when you encounter another individual, your mask must be worn over your nose and mouth. You are not required to wear a mask while transiting between buildings outdoors and when you are able to maintain a six-foot distance from others. We encourage you to wash or sanitize your hands frequently throughout the day.
For more information about the State of Maine’s current guidance, please visit:
The following is CPMD’s full course list.
STCW/ Coast Guard Approved Courses
We offer mariner licensing and regulatory standards courses year-round at Maine Maritime Academy.
- Advanced Fire Fighting Refresher (MEMACE-697)
- Advanced Fire Fighting Revalidation (MEMACE-777)
- Advanced Meteorology (MEMACE-0018)
- Advanced Polar Code Operations (MEMACE-941)
- Advanced Shiphandling (MEMACE-22)
- Advanced Watchkeeping (MEMACE-0027)
- Basic Polar Code Operations (MEMACE-847)
- Basic Training
- Basic Training Refresher (MEMACE – 68)
- Basic Training Revalidation (MEMACE-718)
- Crisis Management & Human Behavior (MEMACE-138)
- Crowd Management (MEMACE-142)
- Electronic Chart Display Information Systems, ECDIS (MEMACE-179)
- Engineroom Resource Management (MEMACE-828)
- Fast Rescue Boat (MEMACE-193)
- First Aid & CPR (MEMACE – 197)
- Inert Gas Systems / Crude Oil Washing
- Leadership & Managerial Skills (MEMACE-827)
- Management of Electrical & Electronic Control Equipment, MEECE (MEMACE-829)
- Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities, PSSR (MEMACE-359)
- Personal Survival Techniques, PST (MEMACE-363)
- Qualified Assessor, Online (MEMACE-787)
- Radar Observer Recertification (MEMACE-402)
- Tank Ship Dangerous Liquids (MEMACE-501)
- Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties, VPDSD (MEMACE-747)
- Vessel Security Officer (MEMACE-573)
Non- STCW Courses
- Safety Management Systems Auditor (Maritime) Training Courses
- ISO 9000 & 9001 Quality Management Systems
- ISM, International Safety Management
- DPA, Designated Person Ashore
- Subchapter M Auditing
- Diving First Aid for Professional Divers (DFA Pro)
- Environmental Regulations & Ethical Industrial Compliance, Online
- Helicopter Underwater Egress Training
- Section 608 Certification Exam
Company Contract Courses
Companies who are interested in sending groups of their employees to MMA can contact us for any of our courses and we will make arrangements specific to your needs. If you prefer onsite training, please ask us about training we can provide at your facility.
- DHS/FEMA Maritime First Responder Course Series
- DHS/FEMA Maine Maritime/Maine Emergency Management Agency sponsored courses are listed here (by category and state)
- Fishing Vessel Drill Instructor
- Inert Gas Systems / Crude Oil Washing (5 DAYS)
The following courses will be offered in the future. Please continue to check back for the latest updates.
- Chief Mate to Master Series
- Advanced Stability
- Advanced Navigation
- Advanced Cargo
- Medical Person in Charge – Management of Medical Care
Thank you for choosing Maine Maritime Academy Center for Professional Mariner Development for your training.
Full payment is required at the time of course registration. Payments can be made by check, debit card or credit card.
- Please make checks payable to Maine Maritime Academy. Our mailing address is Maine Maritime Academy, Attn: Cashier’s Office, 1 Pleasant Street, Castine, ME 04420.
- To make a payment by debit or credit card, please contact Monica Soper in our finance department at 207-326-2643.
If a student must withdraw from a course, the course cost will be refunded. We make every effort to maintain course schedules as posted. If, however, Maine Maritime Academy must cancel a course, we will notify registrants as soon as possible and issue a full refund.