Maine Maritime Academy’s Department of Continuing Education and Distance Learning is a public service outreach and auxiliary enterprise of Maine Maritime Academy. Continuing Education instructors come from MMA faculty, staff and professional partner organizations. The mission of Continuing Education at Maine Maritime Academy is to support and enhance the careers of our alumni, current students and colleagues working in fields related to the Academy’s major programs of study.
- Selected STCW approved courses are offered for USCG license upgrades and recertification.
- Coming in 2015 selected STCW 2010 GAP courses.
- Maritime Transportation & Security Act – International Ship & Port Facility Security Code (MTSA – ISPS) security classes, certification, and training.
- New course offerings are being developed continually.
- CEU’s are available for all courses.
Merchant Mariner license holders must contact the US Coast Guard directly for particulars concerning their licenses upgrade or recertification questions:
- On the web at Merchant Mariner Licensing and Documentation
- Call the National Maritime Center at 1-888-427-5662
- View MTSA-ISPS for the latest USCG marine security information
For additional information on existing courses, to suggest a future class, or to register and make payment for a class, please contact Victoria Blackwood in the Office of Continuing Education: 207 326 2211, email@example.com.
INTENSIVE AUDITING MARATHON:
7 days 7 Certificates (see ISO/ISM Lead Auditor)
- ISO ISM Lead Auditor (Days 1 -5)
$2000 (2C- ISO LA & ISM LA)
- ISO Lead Auditor (Days 1 – 3)
$1,480 (1C- ISO LA)
- ISO Internal Auditing Training (Days 1 -2)
$790 (1 C- ISO Internal Auditing for QAR in the office)
- ISO Familiarization (Day 1)
$300 (1C- ISO Introduction)
- ISM Lead Auditor (Days 3 – 5)
$1000 (1C- ISM LA)
- DPA – Designated Person Ashore (Days 3 – 5) SEE BRIEF
COURSE DESCRIPTION AT ISM
$200 + exam added on to (2C – ISM LA / DPA)
- MLC 2006 Owner Compliance (Days 6 – 7)
$900 1C- ILO/MLC
At the time of registration a valid credit card number, written company payment authorization or cash/check in the amount of 10% of course tuition is required to reserve a seat in the class.
Minimum enrollment determination is made three weeks prior to course start dates. We attempt to keep all course information current.
Ongoing and by appointment classes:
- Radar Recertification: Regularly scheduled instruction, usually for the 3rd Saturday of each month, at 0900: Cost is $225.00 for classes of two students or more. Private one-on-one instruction at $375.00 per person may be requested and is dependent upon instructor availability.
- Visual Communication (Flashing Light): Call MMA at 207-326-2211 for an appointment to take the test. Cost: $180.00 individual only.
- iNarte/FCC exams: MMA Proctors iNarte/FCC exams. To arrange for a written test please Contact iNARTE via Exemplar Global by calling 888-722-2440 ext. 7823 (9-5 EDT) and then call MMA at 207-326-2211 to schedule a proctor. Cost: $65
Specialized Contract Courses
- Specially arranged Group or Company courses may be available by contract. Examples include:: Personal Survival +HUET (2 days) INERT GAS SYSTEMS CRUDE OIL WASHING (STCW/5 DAYS) EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS FOR SEA TRIALS PERSONNEL (5 days) Fishing vessel Drill instructor (1 day) ECDIS for PILOTS APA guidelines (2 DAY) Contact Victoria for details.