Maine Maritime Academy’s Department of Continuing Education and Distance Learning is a public service outreach and auxiliary enterprise of Maine Maritime Academy. Continuing Education instructors come from MMA faculty, staff and professional partner organizations. The mission of Continuing Education at Maine Maritime Academy is to support and enhance the careers of our alumni, current students and colleagues working in fields related to the Academy’s major programs of study.
- Selected STCW approved courses are offered for USCG license upgrades and recertification.
- Coming in Late 2015/Early 2016 selected (LMS, ERM, MEECE) STCW 2010 GAP courses required by 01.01.2017. Courses will be blended with knowledge portions online followed by shorter classroom time for testing and skills assessment. Send us an email to get on the list for notifications.
- Maritime Transportation & Security Act – International Ship & Port Facility Security Code (MTSA – ISPS) security classes, certification, and training. Currently VPDSD and occasional CSO/VSO
- New course offerings are being developed continually.
- CEU’s are available for all courses.
Merchant Mariner license holders must contact the US Coast Guard directly for particulars concerning their licenses upgrade or recertification questions:
- On the web at Merchant Mariner Licensing and Documentation
- Call the National Maritime Center at 1-888-427-5662
- View MTSA-ISPS for the latest USCG marine security information
For additional information on existing courses, to suggest a future class, or to register and pay for a class, please contact Victoria Blackwood or Bette Norris. Phone Continuing Education: (207) 326-2211 Email: email@example.com or Bette.firstname.lastname@example.org
INTENSIVE AUDITING MARATHON:
7 days 7 Certificates (see ISO/ISM Lead Auditor)
- ISO ISM Lead Auditor and DPA (Days 1 -5)
$2200 (3C- ISO LA & ISM LA & DPA)
- ISO Lead Auditor (Days 1 – 3)
$1,480 (1C- ISO LA)
- ISO Internal Auditing Training (Days 1 -2)
$790 (1 C- ISO Internal Auditing for QAR in the office)
- ISO Familiarization (Day 1)
$300 (1C- ISO Introduction)
- ISM Lead Auditor & DPA (Days 3 – 5)
$1200 (2C- ISM LA & DPA)
- MLC 2006 Owner Compliance (Days 6 – 7 or 2 days prior to ISO see course dates)
$900 1C- ILO/MLC
At the time of registration a valid credit card number, written company payment authorization or cash/check in the amount of 10% of course tuition is required to reserve a seat in the class.
Minimum enrollment determination is made between two and three weeks prior to course start dates. We attempt to keep all course information current.
Ongoing and by appointment classes:
- Radar Recertification: Regularly scheduled instruction, usually for the 3rd Saturday of each month, at 0900: Cost is $225.00 for classes of two students or more. Private one-on-one instruction at $375.00 per person may be arranged according to instructor availability.
- Visual Communication (Flashing Light): Call MMA at 207-326-2211 for an appointment to take the test. Cost: $180.00 individual only.
- iNarte/FCC exams: MMA Proctors iNarte/FCC exams. To arrange for a computer based test please Contact iNARTE via Exemplar Global by calling 888-722-2440 ext. 7823 (9-5 EDT) to pay their TEST fee of $65 then call MMA at 207-326-2211 to schedule a proctor.
- Proctor Fees payable at the time of exam
Computer-Based 4 hr. Exam – $35
Computer-Based 8 hr. Exam – $50
- Paper based tests are available if extenuating circumstances exist. Call Exemplar Global directly.
- * INTERNAL MMA proctor fee per session is $20 for Alumni, faculty, staff, full time students.
Specialized Contract Courses
- Specially arranged Group or Company courses may be available by contract. Examples include:
- Personal Survival +HUET (2 days), DHS/FEMA course series, INERT GAS SYSTEMS CRUDE OIL WASHING, (STCW/5 DAYS), EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS FOR SEA TRIALS PERSONNEL (5 days) Fishing vessel Drill instructor (1 day), ECDIS for PILOTS APA guidelines (2 DAY) Contact Victoria for details.