The mission of Maine Maritime Academy’s Department of Continuing Education is to support and enhance the careers of our alumni, current students and colleagues working in fields related to the Academy’s major programs of study.
Continuing Education instructors come from MMA faculty, staff, alumni and professional partner organizations to provide regularly scheduled or specialized contract courses at Castine or other locations. Course deliveries may be in live classrooms, online or through blended learning. All courses award Continuing Education Units to document professional development. If CEU’s are not part of the original course certificate, separate CEU certificates are available by request.
- Selected STCW approved courses are offered for USCG license upgrades and re-certification.
- Coming in Late 2015/Early 2016 selected (LMS, ERM, MEECE) STCW 2010 GAP courses required by 01.01.2017. Courses will be blended with knowledge portions online followed by shorter classroom time for testing and skills assessment. Send us an email to get on the list for notifications.
- For course development or instructor positions see: Employment at MMA
- Merchant Mariner license holders must contact the US Coast Guard directly for particulars concerning their licenses upgrade or re-certification questions: Call the National Maritime Center at 1-888-427-5662 or visit online at Merchant Mariner Licensing and Documentation
For additional information on existing courses, to suggest a future class, or to register and pay for a class, please contact Victoria Blackwood or Bette Norris at (207) 326-2211 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Bette.email@example.com
INTENSIVE AUDITING MARATHON:
7 days 7 Certificates (see ISO/ISM Lead Auditor)
- ISO ISM Lead Auditor and DPA (Days 1 -5)
$2200 (3C- ISO LA & ISM LA & DPA)
- ISO Lead Auditor (Days 1 – 3)
$1,480 (1C- ISO LA)
- ISO Internal Auditing Training (Days 1 -2)
$790 (1 C- ISO Internal Auditing for QAR in the office)
- ISO Familiarization (Day 1)
$300 (1C- ISO Introduction)
- ISM Lead Auditor & DPA (Days 3 – 5)
$1200 (2C- ISM LA & DPA)
- MLC 2006 Owner Compliance (Days 6 – 7 or 2 days prior to selected ISO course sessions)
$900 1C- ILO/MLC
At the time of course registration a valid credit card number, written company payment authorization or cash/check in the amount of 10% of course tuition is required to reserve a seat in the class. Minimum enrollment determination is made two – three weeks prior to course start dates.
Ongoing and by appointment classes:
- Radar Recertification: Regularly scheduled instruction, 3rd Saturday of each month, at 0900: $225.00 pp for classes of two students or more. Private one-on-one instruction at $375.00 pp may be arranged according to instructor availability.
- Visual Communication (Flashing Light): Call MMA at 207-326-2211 for an appointment to take the test. Cost: $180.00 individual only.
- iNarte/FCC exams: Continuing Education proctors iNarte/FCC exams. To arrange for a computer-based test please Contact iNARTE via Exemplar Global by calling 888-722-2440 ext. 7823 (9-5 EDT) to pay their TEST fee of $65 then call MMA at 207-326-2211 to schedule a proctor.
- Proctor Fees payable at the time of exam
Computer-Based 4 hr. Exam – $35
Computer-Based 8 hr. Exam – $50
- Paper based tests may be available by special request and arranged with Exemplar Global directly.
- * INTERNAL MMA proctor fee per session is $20 for Alumni, faculty, staff, full time students.
**Specialized Contract Courses**
- By advance arrangement: Personal Survival +HUET (2 days), DHS/FEMA courses including 2-day customized “Command Strategies and Tactics for Marine Emergencies”, INERT GAS SYSTEMS CRUDE OIL WASHING, (STCW/5 DAYS), EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS FOR SEA TRIALS PERSONNEL (5 days) Fishing vessel Drill instructor (1 day), ECDIS for PILOTS APA guidelines (2 DAY) Contact Victoria for details.