Dont be afraid to leave your mark here! MMA offers many ways to be involved, and encourages students to start new clubs and programs.
- Student clubs and activities provide a way to meet new people, participate in co-curricular experiences and learn more about yourself as a leader and manager.
- Activity changes as student interests change. Do not allow this list to stop you from creating your own club. If youre interested in another activity, form a club! Contact a student government member or the Residential Life/Student Activities Office for guidance on starting one.
The following list reflects the clubs, activities, and organizationsthat are, or have been, available to all students on our campus.
The Mariners vie for conference supremacy in a number of NCAA Division III sports. See MarinerSports.org.
- Cross Country
- Cross Country
- Service to our community is an important element in good citizenship.
- As an integral part of their education, all students at MMA are expected to participate in community service programs in one form or another.
- The Alpha Phi Omega Service Fraternity, Bagaduce Ambulance Corps, Castine Volunteer Fire Department, and Adams Grade School are examples of opportunities to practice good citizenship.
Activities & Bands Committee (ABC)
- Chaired by the Student Government Vice President for Activities and comprised of any student who wishes to bring quality entertainment on-campus.
- Responsible for planning various student activities for the campus at large.
- Works closely with the Student Activities Office to select and schedule entertainers, film series, and speakers, as well as plan and produce such activities as Fall and Winter formals, holiday activities, Community Service Awards Banquet, etc.
- An elected body that represents the students according to the Student Government Constitution.
- Represents the student body on issues and concerns that may affect them, works to ensure the rights of the students in accordance with Maine Maritime's mission statement and purpose.
- Strive to promote the social and personal growth, as well as the general welfare, of the student body.
- Comprised of an executive board (President, Vice-Presidents for Administration and Activities, Secretary, and Treasurer) and officers or representatives (The four class presidents and the student member of the Board of Trustees). All the current officers are listed in the "Whos Who" section, and the Student Body Constitution is included in Appendix C of the Student Handbook.
- All full time students at MMA are encouraged to attend their student government meetings and to participate fully in their proceedings.
- Represent their class in that capacity.
- Elected by a majority vote of their class.
- These elections shall be held annually on dates set by Student Government and approved by their advisors.
- Contact any Student Government Officer and also see the Student Body Constitution, Appendix C of the Student Handbook for additional information.
- An assortment of committees, and task forces allow students to help shape their experiences at MMA.
- Some of these are the, Graduation Committee (a class function), Curriculum Committee, Judicial Board, Bookstore Advisory Committee, Residential Life Advisory Board, Calendar Committee, All College Committee, and the Dining Services Committee. (See Appendix C, Committees, Student Handbook, for further information)
- Those students who participate in the Regiment Of Midshipmenhave additional opportunities to become involved and develop their management and leadership skills.
- Regimental, Company and Ship Rate positions offer management and professional development opportunities to those who attain them.
- The Personal Development program offers training and information on both personal and professional development.
- These and other regimental opportunities are delineated in the Regimental Manual.
College can be the best years of your life, or it can be one long wait with a diploma attached to its tail. So get involved! Take control! After all, its your education.